Image Map

Friday, May 3, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Crock Pot Oatmeal




Since my husband went back to work after Averlee was born, getting meals on the table in a timely manner has been a bit of a struggle. So lately I have been using my crock pot a bunch more so that at least dinner would be ready on time. Then I thought, why just dinner? I can use this bad boy for breakfast too. I had apples we needed to use up and oatmeal does pretty well in the crock pot so why not throw them in together with some cinnamon and call it good?

In the crock pot I put:


  • 1 cup Rolled Oats (I don not recommend subing in quick cook oats, it would get way to mushy)
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 apples (I used granny smith since they would hold together better, but any variety would be fine)
  • flax seeds
Cook on low overnight, or about 8 hours.

Then top with pecans, almond milk and either a sprinkle of brown sugar or a drizzle of honey.

It was so nice waking up to a hot, healthy breakfast already made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment