Image Map

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easy DIY Cupcake Stand


We just celebrated Aaden's 4th Birthday! He is growing so fast and I feel like there is such a big difference between 3 years old and 4 years old. We had his party yesterday and it was Star Wars Themed. Of course I hunted Pinterest for tons of party inspiration. We went with a gold and neon color scheme. It turned out so awesome! You can see a video of how everything turned out here.

I love DIYing party decor to get the person touch. I normally do a pennant banner or something of that nature like I did for Averlee's party here, but this time I kept it really simple. The main thing I DIYed this party is the cupcake stand. I have used the three tiered cardboard ones in the past and have seriously considered purchasing a nice metal one to use over and over, but I haven't found one that will fit my needs long term. This time I wanted to do something a little different. It was seriously so easy and cost me only three bucks.



All you need is wrapping paper, scissors, tape and different size boxes. (I found this gold striped paper from Target.) I just saved a few from packages from Amazon orders and they worked great. All I had to do was seal them shut, wrap...


and voila!


I glued my two boxes together using wood glue because I was nervous about the top box getting knocked off. Also make sure to leave enough room for the cupcakes to fix when you are sizing the boxes.






I am not the greatest at wrapping but I think it turned out great. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment